When choosing Joanne Oppelt Consulting, our clients gain a distinct advantage in the fundraising area – The Oppelt Advantage. Joanne’s experience, knowledge and accomplishments ideally position her to create and implement effective strategic fundraising infrastructures that generate reliable revenue streams long after her engagement ends.
Joanne has successfully built or rebuilt effective and sustainable fundraising programs at a variety of nonprofits. Having held roles at varying organizational levels, she fully understands the challenges faced by nonprofits with unsteady or diminishing revenue streams – internally as well as externally. Her track record of success has led to a level of expertise and knowledge unsurpassed in the fundraising arena.
- Confessions of a Successful Grants Writer: A Complete Guide to Discovering and Obtaining Funding
- Power Your Organization’s Fundraising: How the Partnership Paradigm Will Change Everything
- Succeed in Your Nonprofit Funding Partnerships: Analyzing Their Costs and Benefits
- Moving Up to Executive Director: Lessons Learned from My First 365 Days
- Gubernatorial appointment to the New Jersey Behavioral Health Planning Council
- Freeholder appointment to the Union County Alliance Steering Subcommittee – President, 2016-2017
- Grants reviewer for the United States Department of Education and the Union County Department of Human Services
- Trainer/Presenter for the Center for Nonprofit Success, Charity Channel University, Grants Professional Association-New Jersey Chapter, North Jersey Health Collaborative and Union County Nonprofit Consortium
- Adjunct Professor for Grant Writing at Kean University, graduate program
Joanne is a turnaround expert. Through thoughtful decision making and planning, she turned Caring Contact from a struggling non-profit, always concerned about making payroll, to a thriving organization with a strong foundation, excellent programs, and a growing development effort. We are no longer focused on keeping the doors open; instead we can look ahead to a future of growth and increased impact.
In our collegial interactions over the years, Joanne has always been a consummate professional, very responsive, quick to contribute from her extensive knowledge and experience, yet maintaining a pragmatic grasp on reality. Grounded in integrity, she is driven by a sincere desire to make a difference from the very basic and individual level to the grand scheme of the goal in mind. Not only extremely competent, reliable and honest, Joanne is caring, friendly and fun loving in the process, so she brings out the humanity in all of us.
I have worked with Joanne for more than 10 years. She has a unique ability to mesh communications with customized messaging that draws both interest and support, thereby strengthening the financial position of the organizations she has worked for. Understanding one’s audience is essential to successful communications and Joanne has a firm grasp of what works with those she targets.